Kenya is one of the best safari destinations on the African continent. Located on the eastern part of the African continent with slightly over 500 km of coastline dotted with beautiful sandy beaches next to the Indian Ocean plus a sunny climate most of the year round. For travelers looking for both beach and wildlife a safari in Kenya is simply irresistible!
This is a country of natural contrasts and diversity.
You are guaranteed that you can travel from East to West and from North to South and each time you will find different and astounding natural attractions.
You get to see, feel and experience nature at its best. From the wild african animals in the game reserves to the pink flamingoes in the Rift Valley’s Lake Nakuru and the snow capped peaks of Mount Kenya as well as the marine national parks on the Indian Ocean coastline!
Why Kenya? – for an African Safari
- Wild animals and birds in their natural habitat including the Big 5 and the world famous wildebeast migration at the Masai Mara Game Reserve. Kenya has no less than 50 african safari parks to choose from.
- Unique snow capped mountains such as Mount Kenya featuring all year round snow at the Equator!
- Great Rift Valley with its fresh and salt water lakes, the geothermal springs at Olkaria and the breathtaking escarpments at Kerio Valley
- Beautifull white sandy beaches of our North and South Coasts including Diani, Mombasa, Malindi, Watamu and Lamu
- The ancient but well reserved towns of Mombasa Old Town and Lamu island
- The ultra modern conferencing facilites available at the KICC and several other locations for the business and professional travellers
- The beautifuly done hotels, lodges and camping sites meant to cater for all sizes of wallets
- Ecosystems of plants, trees and animals of all varieties found in the forest Reserves of Kakamega and Arabuko Sokoke among others
- Various types of entertainment for all age groups
- Charming and friendly faces of the peoples in addition to their traditional african hospitality
- A wide variety of artefacts/souvenirs/collectibles are available for you to take home
- Beautifully manicured golf courses for both amatuer and professional golfers
To crown it all, you can rest assured that the above is not all, taking an african safari in Kenya has much more to offer….
And so…… Who is welcome to Kenya?
I do not limited these attractions to tourists alone, they are available to all travellers to Kenya including:-
- Business Travellers
- Sports Persons
- Adventure Seekers
- Conference Attendees
- Students and Researchers
And whatever your passions and interests may be, I can assure you that you will find something that will suit and challenge you sufficiently.
The country is well linked for air travel and its capital city Nairobi is a Hub for international airlines through the JKIA International Airport.
And for visitors to Kenya coming in through Nairobi, the Nairobi National Park is simply next door, 30 minutes drive from the airport!
I would most certainly not wish to let you go back before you feel the african peoples hospitality, have a taste of their foods and attend their numerous cultural events, you may take my word on this,
most visitors yearn to come back for a second or third african safari – one is simply not normally enough!
KENYA FACT FILE Kenya is known as the ‘jewel of East Africa’. It boasts of some of the continent’s finest beaches, magnificent wildlife and scenery and sophisticated tourism infrastructure. It is a land of great beauty, which stretches from the coral reefs and white sand be… More
Places to Visit
1. THE COAST Mombasa The second-largest city in Kenya, 500km (300 miles) from Nairobi, Mombasa town actually sits on an island. There are, however, several places of interest: the Old Town that retains the Arab flavor characterized with narrow, crowded streets with vendors selling local craftw… More
Location & Fact Sheet
Location Kenya is located in East Africa. Area 582,646 sq km (224,961 sq miles). Population has a population of 34.7 million Population Density population density is 59.5 per sq km. Capital Nairobi (the capital city) Population: 2.5 million Government Republic. Gained inde… More
Passport, Visa & Health Requirement
PASSPORTS Passport is valid for three months from the date of entry it is requirement by all nationals with at least one blank page VISAS Required by all nationals except the following: (a) All holders of a re-entry pass to Kenya. (b) Nationals of Cyprus. Visa Note (a) All nationals ma… More
International Travel: Getting There by Air The national airline is Kenya Airways (KQ) (website: www.kenya-airways.com). Departure Tax None. Main Airports Nairobi (NBO) (Jomo Kenyatta International) (website: www.kenyaairports.co.ke) is 16km (10 miles) southeast of the city. To/f… More
Internal Travel: Getting Around By Air Kenya Airways (website: www.kenya-airways.com) operates scheduled services to Kisumu (on the shore of Lake Victoria), Lamu, Malindi and Mombasa. Air Kenya (website: www.airkenya.com) offers scheduled flights from Nairobi to Amboseli, Lamu, Malindi, Ma… More